Sometimes a touch sensing toggle just won’t do. Lionel TTMC and Legacy systems create enough radio-noise to false-trigger Touch Toggles constantly. Some folks just like a firm raised button, or want to build their panels out of conductive material like steel or aluminum. Others need or non-transparent materials to build to their plans.
The Pushbutton Toggle is a Touch Toggle compatible control with a mechanical push button and indicating LEDs. Each mounts in a 9/16″ (7mm) hole in up to 1/8″ material. One or Two LED indicators are easily positioned next to the button. They can be placed below your graphic and clear glazing like our original Touch Toggles, or pushed up through a 7/32″ (5mm) hole for each LED. Two polarity-reversing sockets allow many options for LED indicators. The LEDs can be chosen for your preference.
- A single bi-directional LED can show an alternating red/green indication.
- Two LEDs, one red and one green, can alternate turning on to highlight a physical direction on your panel.
- Two green LEDs can highlight the active selection by position only.
- Two red/green bi-directional LEDs can be installed with reversed polarity to show green-over-red, or red-over-green.
- Through-hole installations have taller leads, which allows some flexibility in the exact positioning of the LEDs nearer or farther from the push button.
Pushbutton Toggles have the same 3/4″ square dimension as the Touch Toggle. Installed the Pushbutton Toggle is around 1″ in height, sometimes needing a bit more for cable connections. To simplify assembly Pushbutton Toggles do not have a permanently attached cable, but rather a 3-pin socket. 3-pin Extensions are used to connect t
Pushbutton Toggles are in production and should ship in mid-October. We are accepting Pre-Orders and will ship when they are available.
Legal stuff: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer (lead). Unused or retired products should be recycled properly or may be returned to Berrett Hill for disposal in accordance with RoHS standards.
We manufacture our products in the USA. Orders over $120 include free shipping to US addresses.