A special Touch input for electronic circuits like Digitrax, Tam Valley Depot, Team Digital, RR Circuits Tower-LCC controller, and user programmed micro controllers. Touch Triggers work with third party circuits that actively control the indicator lights.
Touch Triggers are exactly the same size and shape as our popular Touch Toggles and have the same choice of display indications. They are so close in size and shape that we make them with bright orange backs so we can tell them apart!
- Touch Triggers directly replace Digitrax DSXCP1 fascia controls for DS74 and DS78V, series decoders. Use standard Triggers to build a panel, or use our no-moving-parts Mini-Cup Triggers in the fascia to mount in the same 1″ fascia holes. Touch Triggers plug directly to DSXC4 Input interconnect board for current Digitrax stationary decoders.
- Tam Valley Depot’s button inputs plug-in directly to Touch Triggers. Touch Triggers will work wherever Tam Valley Depot’s single push button fascia controllers can be used, including their Micro Singlet, SwitchWright, Octopus, and Quad-PIC. The QuadLN_S can be controlled by adding an Inline Signal Booster to drive the slightly more demanding inputs.
- Team Digital’s new Berrett Hill interface connects up to 8 Touch Triggers to their network products. Their new 8 servo control board will be the first to support Touch Trigger technology.
- RR-Cirkits new Tower-LCC supports Touch Triggers directly for a quick way to add touch control and indication to your LCC network.
- Arduinos, PICs, and Raspberry Pis can easily use either Touch Toggles or Touch Triggers as inputs. Read Using Touch Toggles with Microcontrollers for more information.
Touch Triggers are also available in the Mini-Cup fascia mount design. Note that Mini-Cup Triggers are assembled as needed and normally ship within two weeks.
For electronics with a higher input signal demand (pullup resistors less than 10k) we offer an Inline Signal Booster. This small device connects between the Trigger and an extension running to a 3-pin input. This active booster passes the signal in both directions. The QuadLN_S Loconet Servo Decoder is known to need these boosters.
Please note: Touch Triggers DO NOT WORK without supporting electronics!
Touch Triggers are designed to make the Touch Toggle experience usable by specialized electronic devices. Touch Triggers have a momentary non-latching output. The LEDs will not show a useful indication without external control.
Our Toggles are perfect for using with micro-controller devices like PICs, Arduinos, and Raspberry Pis. If you are interested in using these devices with your own electronics please contact Kevin Hunter for details.
443 527 6320
Legal stuff: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer (lead). Unused or retired products should be recycled properly or may be returned to Berrett Hill for disposal in accordance with RoHS standards.
We manufacture our products in the USA. Orders over $120 include free shipping to US addresses.
Choose single or 4-packs from the pop-up menu and set the correct quantity below.